18 Givers
8 Takers
Rileygirl

Romancing Riley

There usually has to be some sort of romance involved for me to pick up a book. Anything with a strong emotional undercurrent is bound to get my attention. Contemporary, PNR, H/C & M/M are my favorites.

A Few Favorites ♥

Safeword
Power Exchange
The Value Of Rain

Jennifer's favorite books ยป

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) - Rebecca Donovan Another solid meh. It had potential, but parts of it I just didnt buy. Take Carol for instance. I couldn't fully get hehind her hatred for Emma. I was expected some deep, dark secret to come out that explained it, but it never came. The whole threatened crazy-cakes angle just didnt seem, I don't know, enough for me. It could just be me, but I can't understand where her hatred came from...certainly not as intense as it was. The whole story itself was a bit drawn out, i found myself skimming often just to get further. But the abuse was handled well, and most of it keep me reading.I didnt buy Emma's reasoning for enduring the abuse for so long. Granted, people that have been abused don't always think clearly but my hatred for her would be so great that i would want to strip her of everything she loved and would feel better if she were never around children again. Overall, not a bad read but it wasnt without its issues. I however liked it enough to find out what happens in the sequel. Hopefully its a little more realistic.