18 Givers
8 Takers
Rileygirl

Romancing Riley

There usually has to be some sort of romance involved for me to pick up a book. Anything with a strong emotional undercurrent is bound to get my attention. Contemporary, PNR, H/C & M/M are my favorites.

A Few Favorites ♥

Power Exchange
The Value Of Rain

Jennifer's favorite books ยป

Scrap Metal

Scrap Metal - Harper Fox You know those books where while you're reading you start saying to yourself, 'if i just hang on a little longer, it'll be worth it?' Those books where you can't find any worthwhile reason to keep reading other than, 'it's gotta get better soon.' This was that book for me. Clearly, I am in the minority here, but I could not get into this book at all and I tried, I really did. I hung in until about the 75% mark and then I just couldn't do it any more. The only book I've not finished, so I didn't rate it. The author is clearly talented. The writing is good, honestly. The descriptions were lush, often overly so, but you get a real picture of the countryside. I could literally see this gorgeous island in my head as the author described it. I usually love character-driven stories, which this very much was. But I think I got lost in the details somewhere, because between those and the dialect I had a hard time finding anything else to grab onto. It just wasn't enough to hold my attention and in the end, I was just bored. As another reviewer put it: "It's not you, it's me."