18 Givers
8 Takers
Rileygirl

Romancing Riley

There usually has to be some sort of romance involved for me to pick up a book. Anything with a strong emotional undercurrent is bound to get my attention. Contemporary, PNR, H/C & M/M are my favorites.

A Few Favorites ♥

The Value Of Rain

Jennifer's favorite books ยป

Reading Progress 11%

Rough Canvas - Joey W. Hill

"When he was living with me, there was one night...I couldn't sleep. I got some wine, came back and leaned against the bedroom door. There he was, asleep, the moonlight on every inch of him." Every perfect naked inch. [...]

"Those incredibly talented fingers were on my pillow. He did that whenever I got up at night, to know when I came back. I looked at him and I couldn't speak, couldn't swallow. Couldn't even move.

I wanted everything for him. I wanted to see him achieve every dream, embrace every desire. I wanted to protect him from anyone who could cause him harm or a moment's pain, tear them apart with my bare hands. Never let him out of my sight, even as I wanted him to stretch out his wings as far as they could go and soar. And at the bottom, top and middle of it all, I just wanted to stand there, just that way forever. Not disturb him. Just look at him and love him. Do nothing but simply love him for everything he is, a creation too perfect to be anything but God's gift to the rest of us."

I already adore this book and Marcus. He's fiercely loyal, perfectly snarky and of course, damaged for some reason I haven't figured out yet. And that is probably one of the best descriptions of love I've read in a long time.

I borrowed this book because, despite the reviews, it was expensive for an ebook and I didn't want to get burned. If it stays this good, I might have to buy it anyway.