18 Givers
8 Takers
Rileygirl

Romancing Riley

There usually has to be some sort of romance involved for me to pick up a book. Anything with a strong emotional undercurrent is bound to get my attention. Contemporary, PNR, H/C & M/M are my favorites.

A Few Favorites ♥

The Value Of Rain

Jennifer's favorite books ยป

Painting Fire on the Air

Painting Fire on the Air - J.P. Barnaby

I loved this story. Two men with very broken hearts, for very different reasons.

Ben is broken from his little sister's death. She was raped and murdered when he was 18 and blames himself for not being there to pick her up from school like he was supposed to. He's constantly lost in his head visualizing her brutal death.

His roommate and best friend, Julian, (Jude) has been in love with Ben for years, barely able to cope with the fact that he's never been enough to earn a second glance from Ben. He stands by while Ben moves from one guy to the next. Little does he know that the men are actually Dom's, or that Ben copes with his pain by weekly floggings and inflicting a very different kind of pain upon himself. His Dom, Kage, is the only one who is able to keep the nightmares at bay.

After the accident, all their secrets come to light during the time that Jude cares for Ben. The two grow so much in this story. Ben begins to heal and Jude grows into his new role as Ben's Dom. It's a rocky road at first, but he eventually becomes what Ben needs, even finding that he truly enjoys it. The love that grows between them is touching and sweet to witness.

This book was a joy to read. It was hot, sweet, heartbreaking and beautifully written.