18 Givers
8 Takers
Rileygirl

Romancing Riley

There usually has to be some sort of romance involved for me to pick up a book. Anything with a strong emotional undercurrent is bound to get my attention. Contemporary, PNR, H/C & M/M are my favorites.

A Few Favorites ♥

The Value Of Rain

Jennifer's favorite books ยป

Long Time Gone by S.E. Jakes

Long Time Gone - S. E. Jakes

More Prophet and Tommy! These two together are explosive and S. E. Jakes does a great job at bringing them to life. They are hotter than hell together and I was so happy to finally get them back on my kindle - even if they tried to melt my screen.

I still adore Prophet, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. I really enjoyed this story, but for some reason, I didn't find it as gripping as the first one and I can't quite pinpoint why. There was what's coming to be known as classic Prophet humor - because he deflects everything with sarcasm (the whole alligator scene was a riot); there was also a little more romance in this one than the first; the boys trying to work on more of their problems as a couple, and coming to terms with feelings they're hesitant to name. And whereas the last one ended with a cliffhanger of sorts, this one seemed more hopeful. Overall, it was good, but for some reason it didn't reach great for me. That doesn't mean I'm not salivating at the next chance to read more from them though, far from it.

So, if you haven't tried this series, I highly recommend it - especially if you're a fan of the ever popular Cut & Run Series by Abigail Roux.